Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Grow Up. Grow Old.

September 4, 2012

Watches. Calendars. Wrinkles. Gray Hair.

These are all indications of time that has passed. Since I never married or had children I somehow managed to stay childlike. I didn't always see the seasons change. I didn't have a child growing up before my eyes. For me, it was different. The same time passed for me as for everyone else...but most of the time I feel like I haven't grown up at all.

I fight change. And embrace it. The older I get, the more I feel like going home. Metaphorically. Creating that inner circle of people I am blessed to share my time with. Having that special place to go.

I'm packing up the studio. This time it's for real. The Marina was home. I came here for college and never really left.

My final week.

I'm taking my safe place away. I'm removing the net and awaiting the fall.

Part of growing older is letting go of childish things. Of doing what's right even when I don't like it.  Especially when I don't like it. Maybe these types of changes build character. I guess I'll firgure it out over time.

My word for today...yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment